Each completed senior thesis/project shall be uploaded to and permanently stored in The Claremont Colleges Digital Library’s Scholarship@Claremont site. Click here for information regarding digitizing thesis
1. Submit Senior thesis by the published deadline.
NOTE: The deadline to submit senior thesis is determined by the faculty of each discipline. Deadlines are published on the Senior Thesis Registration form. If a deadline is not available, students must consult with the department of their major for the deadline.
2. Submit your thesis directly to your thesis readers in the format of their choice. (As of fall 2019, hard-copies are no longer required to be turned into the Registrar's office).
3. Create an account at and submit your thesis to Scholarship@claremont.edu
NOTE: If requesting an embargo or exemption, please see the section Regarding Embargos and Exemptions below.
4. Submit your thesis information and (if applicable) your embargo or exemption form to the Senior Thesis Upload form
Regarding Embargos and Exemptions
- EMBARGO – Students request an embargo when they wish to delay the publication of their thesis on Scholarship@Claremont. Embargos are generally for theses pending publication, pending patents, or containing work that is based on current faculty research that will conclude within 18 months. Students requesting an embargo must upload on the thesis submission deadline. Thesis will be held on the platform until the embargo has expired. Students are still required to upload to Scholarship at the time they submit their thesis.
- EXEMPTION – Students requesting an exemption do not upload their thesis. Students must provide an electronic copy (PDF) of their thesis to the Registrar’s Office by uploading to the Senior Thesis Upload Form.
NOTE: Submitting an embargo still requires upload to Scholarship. Students seeking an exemption must complete and upload the exemption form to the Senior Thesis Upload Form along with a digital (PDF) copy of their thesis. Exemption forms are subject to review by the Dean of Faculty.